Monday, June 27, 2011

The Great Room Swap and Garage Makeover

I feel like HGTV has invaded our house, except without the fun crew, David Bromstad, and a bunch of interns to do the work... I really just have a mess on our hands. We've begun the process of, as my dad so eloquently put it, "stuffing 10 pounds of flour in a 5 pound sack". Thank you Big Lar for your infinite wisdom. That's code for our house blew up and stuff (mostly Holly's) landed everywhere.

Our guest bedroom/sewing craft room has become Holly's lair. Painted yellow and now with some furniture put together (many thanks to my Baby's Daddy, Doc Schivo and Justin Carney) it is starting to look more kid friendly. Our office got revamped and can now accommodate two desks (one a home for the dear sewing machine) and additional storage shelves.

Jimmy has been in the middle of a full fledged garage renovation so we will be able to store camping gear, bikes and all other accumulated guest room crap in a more sturdy structure that doesn't leak like a sieve. New roof, new walls, storage cabinets and epoxy on the floor - he's been a champ working on the project. Mind you, we do look like hoarders with our backyard filled with everything "garage" but that's just part of the explosion.

I see a light a the end of the tunnel with all these projects and am convinced for the time being that its not a freight train barreling down on us :) Pictures to be posted soon of all of our new and improved spaces.

Holly continues to move and groove uterus style. 28 weeks, I can't believe it. She especially enjoys sushi (non raw rolls...side note of how much I look forward to a chunk of raw tuna when I'm done sitting on this egg), long walks, and listening to her parents fumble towards parenthood.

Mazel Blog Watchers.