Tuesday, September 6, 2011

Countdown to delivery!







Hello Blog watchers. Its been awhile I know, but really our summer has been full of nothing but house projects, incubating, and prenatal yoga. There have been some exciting developments around the house however with the recent completion of Holly's Lair. Painted a buttery yellow with aqua accents, it is a space perfect for a little girl - and already complete with her first American Girl Doll, Molly, (the smart one) that I coveted myself as a child.

Pictures included in the blog post...clearly I'm hoping that she's a reader hence the very large bookshelf and special reading corner complete with an aqua colored rocking chair and snazy yellow pillow.

Its hard to believe that just 10 months ago this room held a spare bed and sewing machine. It only took seven months of hard work, sewing, painting, refinishing, craigslist hunting, and vision to put it all together. It brought me so much happiness working on this room I hope she feels that joy and energy in the air.

All is well on the incubation front. Holly continues to grow - is about 18 inches long now and weighs somewhere around 6-7 pounds. She is developing as she should for this point. I can always tell when she goes on a bit of a growth spurt because I start eating like a condemned woman, gobbling everything up within arms reach.

Jimmy and I are becoming more and more aware of our impending parenthood. Grasping at how this is going to change our lives is a bit like contemplating the infinite space in the universe, and since neither of us is Stephen Hawking this usually leads to a complete cranial shut down and a mad dash to eat out at favorite local restaurant or a trip to the cinema.

We've completed Kaiser's newborn training - Jimmy is a far better swaddler than I - as well as our breastfeeding class and have met all the Kaiser Midwives (you are never sure what midwife you are going to get due to schedule/rotations) and loved them all.

Babies and Brew was the best baby shower ever. We are so fortunate to be surrounded by a load of friends and family who came from far and near to help us celebrate Holly J. My mom has done culinary school proud and whipped up an excellent meal and our dear friend Cindy Cole was there every step of the way to help with errands, set up etc. The party would not have been the same without them.

Two weeks and 1 day to go. Many of our friends and family members have already delivered their beautiful baby girls. Only Jimmy's sister Christina and I are left, the Last of the Mohicans. Holly cannot wait to meet her friends Olivia, Lucy, and cousin Ella.

I promise to keep more updates coming as these next few weeks are sure to be some of the most exciting in our lives....or it could be boring as all get out, she's late and I'm pregnant for 42 weeks. Either way blog watchers...Mazel....be good to one another.

xoxo